According to Alzheimer’s Association about 5.2 million of Americans suffer from the disease, and it is true that the disease is incurable, but there are concrete ways and steps that should be taken in order to stay healthy.
Neal Barnard, M.D., president of the nonprofit Physicians Committee and an adjunct professor of medicine at the George Washington University School of Medicine says that Alzheimer’s disease is not a natural way of aging, but if a person stays active and consumes a lot of plant-based foods, we have the chance to avoid this serious disease.
Seven main steps from the doctor include:
1. A person should minimize the intake of saturated fats and trans fats.
2. Eat plant-based foods.
3. Every day a person should consume 15 micrograms of vitamin E (from food).
4. B12 supplement is a must do.
5. Choose aluminum-free products.
6. Do not choose vitamins containing iron and copper.
7. Exercise your body – at least two hours per week.
Make sure that your aging parents stay active, keep their mind engaged. If you have any questions, prepositions or need help with your aging parents, please, feel free to contact us, we would be glad to provide any kind of help.