No one will deny that a decision to place a parent or a relative into an Adult Family home is not an easy one. Just on the contrary, this is one of the toughest decisions a person could make. People are afraid of the sense of guilt, frustration and emotional stress.
First of all, in this first article, lets’ try to understand what an Adult Family home is.
There are special characteristics and requirements to such types of homes. They provide personal care services up to six adults. Usually adult family homes are located in private houses in residential neighborhoods. Such homes can be run by a family or a single person, who may live in the same building; or they can be run by special employees who work in shifts.
Experts from Day View Adult Family Home are sure that living in an Adult Family home has more pros than cons.
Sometimes people think that they can provide much better care themselves, but they do not take into consideration that they won’t be able to be with their loved one every minute.
Psychologists say that there should not be any sense of guilt or frustration, because giving your loved ones in the hand of professionals is much better than leave them out in the cold.
So, here is a list of pros and cons to Adult Family homes
1. Relatives and loved ones will have 24/7 care from professionals.
2. They will surely have better diet that can be prescribed by a doctor.
3. Adult Family homes are better equipped and have professionals that work with adults and elderly people. Such homes provide all residents the warmest, compassionate and qualified care in a safe, respectful, home like environment.
4. Living in a traditional house under supervision of the professionals is much better than living alone.
5. There are only 6 people that live in Adult Family home; every person receives enough attention and care.
1. The biggest problem with choosing an Adult Family home is to find the closest one. And in most cases it is difficult to do.
2. You will not be able to see your relatives whenever you want, especially if you have lived close to each other.
3. The most unpleasant thing in this situation is the fact that your loved ones think that they are not loved or welcomed anymore. They feel lost and forgotten. This problem may cause more serious problems such as mental health diseases. But it is very important to communicate with each other and discuss why you want to place your loved ones in an Adult Family home.
So, at the end, we would like to say that Adult Family homes have more pros than cons… But the decision is yours.
If you are interested in Day View Adult Family Home or you have questions, please contact us anytime and we will gladly help you.